Living with Schizophrenia Group Psychotherapy
The Living with Schizophrenia groups are run by Lisa Cowley, Psy.D., LP, who
has a specialty in schizophrenia and schizoaffective disorders. Various daytime
groups are available.
Living with Schizophrenia groups use techniques rooted in Illness Management and Recovery, Cognitive-Behavioral-Therapy, and social skills education to help clients with a schizophrenia or schizoaffective disorder with a variety of symptom management and quality of life skills. The group focuses on a supportive, concrete approach to helping clients manage their illness and work towards their life goals.
- Once per week
- 90 minutes per group session
- The group runs about a year, but clients are not required to stay in the group for all 12 months
- Participating clients must have a schizophrenia, schizoaffective, or other psychosis-spectrum disorder
- Clients from a diverse range of ages and ethnicities participate
- Maximum 8 group members
- Open group, new clients are integrated to the group at any time during the group
The Living with Schizophrenia group is a psychotherapy group designed specifically
for adults with a psychotic-spectrum disorder who need less intensive treatment
than inpatient psychiatric or day treatment care.
Clients will undergo a one-on-one intake by Dr. Cowley to determine eligibility for the group.
The group is covered by most insurance companies, including Medicare and Medical
The administrative team will verify benefits and complete any pre-certification process before clients begin the program.
Schizophrenia Group Therapy Brochure
Interested in joining one of PR's Groups?
The first step is to attend an intake appointment. To schedule an intake, or for more information,
Psych Recovery Inc.
Court International Building
2550 University Avenue W., Suite 229N
St. Paul, Minnesota 55114